Tag Archives: new items

<3

Workin on a little something new for the shop

Advertisements

Feature Friday – Christmas Ombres

One week left to place your holiday orders at the lowest shipping price available!
Stop by and check out our Christmas Ombres products, including dishcloths, eyelet lace dishcloths, dryer sheets, and scrubbies.

Feature Friday – Neapolitan Eco-Friendly Dishcloths

Just posted earlier this week, and we’ve already sold two sets! Inspired by a favorite ice cream flavor, this dishcloth set just looks delicious.

Stop by and check it out!

Feature Friday – Pink Filagree Brooch

New brooch in the shop! I’ve been busy making seared edge ones for when T gets back from CA, but for now here is one I made last week:

Go check it out in the shop!

Feature Friday – Peppermint Bibs

New Peppermint Bib Set in the shop! Check out the matching Peppermint Scrubbies as well.

Thoughtful Thursday – Fabric Flowers

Report Cards: the bain of many teacher’s existance. Unfortunately, they are definately eating into my crafting time this term. The Frankenswiffer has been put on hold (much to the chagrin of my floors I’m sure) and new items are few and far between.

That said, I have embarked on a little sewing project for the shop: fabric flower brooches. My goal is to learn how to hand felt brooches but in the mean time, I have taken up making fabric brooches. They’re cute, they’re affordable, they multiply quickly, and will hopefully make a dent in the huge collection of vintage fabric making its way into my apartment.

Working Wednesday – Sculpey Adventures

Lately I have been experimenting with Sculpey. For those of you who haven’t heard of Sculpey before, it is a polymer clay that you can mold/sculpt and then bake in a conventional oven. It comes in every color imaginable, and is endlessly entertaining. There are definitely no problems when it comes to thinking up things to make, but I have absolutely no sculpting experience, so the process is a little slow-going. Nevertheless, I am enjoying the new medium and am very excited to create some new things (for me, and possibly soon the shop).
My first “big” project was a set of miniature mushrooms. I had seen a few different styles of mushrooms typically intended for terrarium use and wanted to try making my own version. I decided on red mushroom tops with painted white spots. I started the mushrooms wondering if the end product would actually resemble mushrooms (or even a mushroom-like object) in any way.
Though slightly time consuming, start to finish the mushrooms weren’t nearly as hard as I had anticipated. The most difficult part wasn’t actually sculpting the mushrooms, but figuring out how to put them together. After several visits to some Sculpey forums, I decided to glue the stalks and tops together after baking, mostly to ensure a solid seal of the two pieces.
I think they turned out pretty well, especially for my first foray into clay sculpting! Soon these little mushrooms will have new homes in my (yet to be made, but highly anticipated) terrariums, and I will be onto my next project.